WEST AFRICAN REAL ESTATE IN THE AFRICAN CONTEXT:
How will the region recover in comparison to the rest of Africa?
- How do the Nigeria and Ghana markets differ structurally from the last demand shock felt in 2014/2015 and what lessons did we learn? Are investors, developers better prepared?
- How will markets in Ghana and Ivory Coast manage with 2020 elections as well as the pandemic? Can we expect a longer recovery period?
- Currency pressure and liquidity issues will be a key factor in the post pandemic recovery – what processes are being put in place to manage this volatility?
- There has been a downward pricing and rental correction in the region over the last 24 months – do we expect rentals and pricing to fall further post the pandemic or will they remain stable?
- Are there any innovative strategies/opportunities that will arise from the pandemic and how can these be used to positively impact the real estate market?- is there an opportunity for technology to fast-track the recovery?