THE IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON THE SADC REGION:
- The current crisis will put further pressure on liquidity and regional currencies – what are developers, investors and financiers doing to weather the storm?
- The regional real estate sector has a high concentration of retail centres, especially in countries like Zambia and Botswana- how will this impact the overall sector and how are developers with large retail exposures navigating this period ?
- Covid-19 has caused disruption of economic activity across the SADC region – how will economies like Zambia and Zimbabwe, that were already struggling pre-Covid-19, recover? Will the IMF finally intervene?
- Potential delays in the oil and gas FDI’s/projects caused by the pandemic – what does this mean for Mozambique’s economy and real estate sector? Will the momentum gained over the last 12-months be lost?
- With major pressure on regional currencies – is it time for pension funds and local institutional capital to take a more active role in the sector?