THE ADOPTION OF PROPTECH IN AFRICAN REAL ESTATE- WILL COVID-19 BE THE CATALYST FOR TECHNOLOGY ADOPTION IN REAL ESTATE?
- Will this period of enforced digital uptake, dependency and remote working accelerate the adoption of proptech in Africa? What are the key barriers to adoption on the continent?
- With a renewed focus on hygiene and occupational safety – how will smart building technologies impact the way we design, operate and manage our real estate going forward? Will occupier pressure force landlords to adopt quicker?
- With an increased focus on costs and affordability – how can the implementation of green/sustainable technologies increase efficiencies and cost savings across the development and management value chain?
- Data digitization, analytics and blockchain all have the power to alleviate Africa’s chronic issues of lack of transparency and ineffective land administrations- what practical solutions are we seeing implemented in this space across Africa and how long will it take for the industry and governments to adopt these new technologies?
- How can we leverage on propetch to make marketing, site inspections, valuations, contract execution, payments, and conveyancing, happen electronically in Africa?